It is officially Spring! We love Spring for some many reasons—it is the season of our favorite holiday, Easter, and our farms bloom beautifully this time of year. To celebrate the end of winter and the coming of a sunny Spring, we recommend making these Mini Lemon Ricotta Cakes. This is one of our favorite recipes for this time of year, so we hope you enjoy it!
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1 cup light ricotta cheese
• zest of 2 lemons
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 large NestFresh Egg whites
• 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and generously spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add ricotta, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla extract, and beat until combined.
5. Slowly add flour and mix to combine.
6. In a clean and dry bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
7. Carefully fold in egg whites with batter.
8. Fill muffin tins ¾ of the way full.
9. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a knife is inserted and comes out clean.
10. Cool cakes completely before removing from pan.
11. In a microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips with coconut oil for 30 seconds and stir. If chips are not completely melted, reheat until melted in 15-second intervals, stirring east time.
12. Pour chocolate into a plastic storage bag and snip off the corner.
13. Drizzle white chocolate over lemon cakes and garnish with fresh fruit if desired.