Whoever said food is the way to the heart knew what they were talking about. This Mother’s Day, show mom you love her with a casserole that’ll make her smile! Whether she likes a little heat, prefers worldly flavors or enjoys food infused with Americana, we’ve got the perfect recipe.
Breakfast in bed? Late morning brunch? Take it from us, there’s no way to go wrong when these breakfast bakes from NestFresh are on the menu!
Mexican Overnight Egg Bake
• 1 (14 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 (10 oz.) cans diced tomatoes, drained
• 10 oz. mild salsa
• ¼ tsp. salt
• 2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese blend
• ½ cup chorizo, cooked and crumbled
• 5 NestFresh eggs
• ½ cup low-fat milk
• ½ tablespoons hot sauce
• 8 corn tortillas
1. In a large bowl, stir together black beans, diced tomatoes, salsa and salt.
2. Spread heaping ¼ cup of bean mixture on the bottom of a greased 9×9-inch baking dish.
3. Place four tortillas over the bean mixture, overlapping tortillas slightly.
4. Layer half of bean mixture and then 1 cup of shredded cheese over tortillas.
5. Add another layer with remaining four tortillas.
6. Top with remaining bean mixture.
7. Sprinkle crumbled chorizo over bean mixture.
8. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and hot sauce.
9. Pour egg mixture over everything.
10. Cover, and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
11. Preheat oven to 350 F.
12. Spray one side of a sheet of aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray, and cover baking pan tightly with foil.
13. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
14. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
15. Return to oven, and bake, uncovered, for another 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
16. Let stand 5-10 minutes, uncovered, before serving.
Amaretto Baked French Toast with Streusel
• 2 cups packed light brown sugar
• 1 cup chopped pecans
• ½ cups salted butter, sliced (1 stick)
• 4 tsp. ground cinnamon
• 12 to 13 cups cubed, French bread
• 8 NestFresh eggs
• 3 cups whole milk
• ½ cup white sugar
• ½ tsp salt
• 4 tsp amaretto extract
• ½ cup dried cherries, chopped
• Pure maple syrup for serving
1. Prepare the Streusel: Combine all streusel ingredients in a bowl, mixing well until resembles chunky, damp sand. Cover and keep in fridge to chill.
2. Grease a 9×13 baking dish with butter on bottom and up sides. Place 12 cups of bread cubes in dish. In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, salt, amaretto and dried cherries, whisking to thoroughly incorporate.
3. Pour egg mixture evenly and slowly over the bread cubes. Gently toss to ensure even coating of all bread cubes. If there seems to be too much excess liquid, add another cup of bread cubes until liquid seems mostly soaked up.
4. Cover and place in fridge to chill overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 350F. Sprinkle chilled streusel evenly over the top of casserole.
6. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until topping is nicely browned and bubbly. If it starts looking too browned at the 45-minute mark, loosely tent with foil and continue baking as needed.
7. Allow to cool about 10-15 minutes, and serve warm with maple syrup.
Roasted Beet and Tuscan Kale Quiche with Brie and Fontina Cheese
• 1 frozen pie crust, thawed for 10-20 minutes
• 2-3 medium to small red beets
• 1 sweet onion, quartered
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 3 cups Tuscan kale, chopped
• 3 whole NestFresh eggs
• ½ cup plain greek yogurt
• ½ cup heavy cream
• 1 tablespoon dried parsley
• 1 tablespoon dried chives
• 6 ounces brie, cubed
• 4 ounces fontina cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Dice beets into one-inch cubes and quarter the sweet onion.
3. Add the beets, onion, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a generous pinch of salt and pepper to a large cookie sheet or roasting pan with sides. Toss well.
4. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until the beets are tender and lightly charred. Toss in the Tuscan kale during the last 5 minutes of cooking and continue to roast until the kale has wilted. Remove from the oven.
5. Reduce the oven temp to 350 degrees F.
6. While the veggies roast, whisk the eggs, greek yogurt, heavy cream, parsley, chives and a generous pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl until combined. Stir in the brie and half of the shredded fontina cheese.
7. Add the roasted veggies to bottom of your pie shell. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies and top with the remaining fontina cheese.
8. Place the pie on a cookie sheet and bake on the middle rack in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until the quiche is set.