It’s National Egg Month and we’re celebrating the egg like never before! This superfood is wonderful inside and out and makes everything better, from a killer Cilantro Lime Pulled Pork Sandwich to a delicate plate of Sweet Pea and Potato Pasta.
But enough about the recipes that are making our test kitchen smell heavenly. We want to hear from you! Enter our first annual baking contest and your recipe (whether it’s a family-favorite or a culinary creation) could make it into our collaborative e-cookbook.
Need a little inspiration? Check out the newest recipe we’ve added to our favorites.
Blueberry Cinnamon Popovers
• 3 NestFresh eggs
• ½ cup fresh blueberries
• 1 cup milk
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon ginger
• pinch nutmeg
• pinch salt
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 3 tablespoons butter
• Powdered sugar for dusting
1. Divide the butter into the cups of your popover pan or muffin tin. Place the pan in the oven for 3-5 minutes at 375 degrees while you are making the batter.
2. In medium bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, vanilla, spices and sugar. Whisk in the flour. Fold in the blueberries.
3. Pour the batter into the butter filled cups.
4. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and continue to bake for another 22-25 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.