We are quickly approaching the end of Spring. If you would like to give the season the send-off that it deserves, we recommend this Spring Vegetable Tart. This delicious recipe was develop by Liz Hughes, who blogs at Virtually Homemade. She calls it the perfect way to end a beautiful Spring day and we have to agree!
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 to 40 minutes
• 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
• 10 thin stalks of asparagus, snapped at the tender portion of the stem, woody portion discarded
• 1/4 medium red pepper, cut into 1/4″ thick slices lengthwise
• 1/2 cup frozen peas
• 1 ear fresh corn, kernels cut from cob
• 4 large NestFresh cage free eggs
• 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
• 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• Grated Parmesan to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface roll pastry into a 13″ by 13″ square. Grease a 9″ or 10″ tart pan or pie plate. Press pastry into prepared pan and cut off any excess from the top.
2. Place your tart pan on a baking sheet. Take aluminum foil and line the inside of the tart pan, on top of the pastry. Place pie weights or dried beans on the top to keep the foil in place. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven. Increase oven heat to 425 degrees F.